Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Smartphone Culture.

Assalamualaikum and hellooo.

A quick tweet live from Tullamore! I was planning to write about my attachment here but unfortunately I've been a lazy nenek as usual.

Anyways, the girls went out to get some ice-cream today so I ordered a tub as well because I was too lazy to get changed. They came home and we all sat at the dining room chatting over ice creams.

Then the ice creams were gone and suddenly everyone went silent. And automatically everyone started swiping our smartphones. I didn't bring my phone over so I just sat there staring at my empty tub of ice cream. Well MC didn't have hers so we stared at each other too. Lol

I blurted out, "Guys it's so awkward when you don't have your phone with you. I don't know what else to do now."

Everyone immediately put their phones on the table and G said, "Omg it's so bad, isn't it? You play with it all the time even when you clearly have nothing to look at."

K went, " My dad used to say it's rude and everything, and then he continues fiddling with his phone too."

Everyone goes, "Sigh."

Welcome to the smartphone era, where awkward silence went away with your finger on the "swipe to unlock" column. tsk

p/s: See you real soon, Dublin!

No comments: