Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 plus one.

Assalamualaikum and hello.

"The future is scary, but you can't just run back to the past because it's familiar."
- Robin Scherbatsky, HIMYM

Retiring early to bed, I lied awake for a good half an hour under my heavenly warm duvet before finally deciding to get up and get this post done. I figured it's a waste not to have something posted at the verge of a new year like I did every year. (2011's)

I guess 2013 will be the most crucial period throughout my medical school 'safari'. A lot to expect, and a whole lot more to be accomplished. Everything seems to stockpile within this year: my subspecialty modules; infamously known to be the toughest and most demanding by our seniors- my electives and clinical attachments during summer and winter break;  the anxiety facing Malaysia's clinical setting for the first time- and of course- our unknown winter exam results. *doakan please.

Alhamdulillah. 2012 has been nice, though I can say it's the most shifting year I've ever had. Imagine having a joyful bunch of friends who suddenly flew back home for good, and then you're left with a repetitious routine of hospitals each day with this few remaining darlings. Imagine watching friends who're single last year and now happily married or engaged this year. Imagine updating yourself with your friends' latest stories by mere newsfeed-scrolling on facebook just because you're miles away. Life revolves around you so fast that you had trouble catching up.

It gets lonely sometimes, but most of the times I'm not alone with those crazy heads still around (you know who you are). Plus, Mama Abah Ayit Ira Adik are always close at heart with the privilege of long-distance bridge thanks to Facetime and Skype calls :)

Resolutions? I have a bunch, but I'll keep most of it to myself this time :)

Academic-wise: I wish to learn differently, and positively too.
Life-wise: I wish to do a whole lot of first-s. Can't remember the last time I did something for the first time :)

To 2012, a happy grateful goodbye to you.
To 2013, assalamualaikum :)

Till then, see you next year, inshaAllah. :)

No comments: