Thursday, October 13, 2011

Moved.


Heyy.

Ermm. I went to a talk today. Hoping to just fill in my time with at least one thing beneficial for the day. Unexpectedly, something about the talk moved me. Weirdly, I don't know exactly what was it.

Shaykh Riad Ouarrazi's talk today was supposed to be revolving around "Abu Bakr: A legacy for the future." But he delivered more than that. Btw, he was a Moroccan-born lad, with a business degree, who migrated to the US and Canada, and has been giving talks and leadership courses since. Mind you, he's one of the most laid-back shaykh I've ever met. Giving speech clad in just a pair of jeans and a striped shirt, oh, and his cool american accent. haha


Apart from him jumping from desk to desk (yes, literally jumping DESK to DESK), pointing out question with his enthusiasm, the talk was something I did not regret going. Because before this, most of the talks I went to, I would be so exhausted from classes and too tired to pay attention to the whole session (since talks are mostly held wayyy after classes).

I don't really know what to summarize on this talk because Shaykh Riad talked about almost everything, not really in-topic. But I guess his words were the thing that caught my attention. Most of them I would say.

He talked about Abu Bakr r.a, and how Abu Bakr r.a converted 6 people right after he embraced Islam. About Mus'ab bin Umair r.a, who was the first Islam ambassador and he was just 20 years old. About ghulam, and how he left his legacy by telling the king that he can only be killed with the word "bismillahi rabbil ghulam," in the name of Allah, the Lord of ghulam. About how Abdullah bin Zubair r.a went swimming around Kaabah when Makkah was flooded to complete a tawaf.

Man, he was good. I've always loved stories like these. Reminders in the most interesting way.

And since he specializes in handling leadership courses, we did a little leadership test just to know what kind of a leader you would be. You know, the sort of stuff where you draw this and it means that blablabla. He asked us to draw a bull on a piece of paper, andddd here you go;

My bull. Hensem kan?


And there was one time when he touched on friends, that left me wondering. He said look at those around you. If you die today, and you're surrounded by your friends you have right now, will they help you say the syahadah?


And the best part.
"If our sins each has a smell, we would not be sitting next to each other right now."



p/s: When you judge someone, it doesn't define who they are. It defines who you are. Hence, I'll stop judging and assuming and live my own awesome life, worry-free. Yayy!

harini otak+hati penat..xnak penat lagi...tsk

No comments: