Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Suddenly.

I feel like blogging. Even though I know exams are less than two weeks from now. My head is at the verge of exploding~

I’m thankful to be given the chance to know Islam. I’ve been in a religious school for 5 years, but honestly speaking, the outcome was not as I expected. I mean, to really understand what Islam is. Trust me, the first time I stepped into this college, people hardly believe I was from a religious school, maybe because I don’t wear a full-sized hijab, or maybe because of the way I am, not pious and all. This college has taught me valuable experience I can never gain anywhere else. This is where I met my beloved naqibah.

Guess what, throughout my 18 years of life, I thought by praying, fasting, reciting the Quran and stuff are enough to prove that I am a Muslim. It is much more than that. Much more. Imagine when we reach the moment of Hisab, our brave leaders such as Saidina Abu Bakar As-Siddiq, Saidina Umar al-Khattab and many other figures will present the Almighty with their huge contributions to Islam civilization. Saidina Abu Bakar had fight the people who refuse to pay zakat, Mus’ab bin Umair was the noble martyr who had spread Islam to Egypt and there are trillions of contributions from these heroes. Then I asked myself, what will I offer to Him? My imperfect solat-s? My flawed puasa? What more?

Islam.Ghuraba’.Terasing. People perceive those with long beards and big bulky hijab as uncivilized, as weirdo-s, as so-not-cool. They have never realized how beautiful Islam is. I guess that is what happening right now, after all we are the ummah of the akhirul zaman. Don’t have to go as far as the Western countries to see jahiliyah, just have a look into our very own Malaysia. Mat rempit, adultery, yada yada yada..

I’m falling in love. With Islam. Trust me, it will make your life more meaningful when you know how much HE loves you. (^o^)v

No comments: